The Quarantine Postings: Opus News, Resources and Hello
We are now entering our 8th week on pause in New York State and it’s been a long, strange two months. While the mid-Hudson Valley is not going to be lifting our quarantine anytime soon, we at Opus 40 feel that we can open in a very limited way in the coming weeks. As the sun gets closer and the grass gets greener, we want to make sure that our friends and visitors can partake of the beauty, calm and creativity of our sculpture park — and we’re fine-tuning our safety protocols to ensure that folks can visit Opus 40 and be safe.
You can find out more about what we’re up to HERE. And we also want to let you know that the online programs have been amazing. Please keep visiting. I am including here a photo from our fermentation workshop Q&A last week. Sandor Katz was remarkably smart, thorough and fun.
We also had a marvelous May Day Night Out with Simi Stone and The Shaker and Laura Silverman from The Outside Institute, who made Amaro Sours with us. Her gorgeous Field Guides are 10% off in our Store right now!
And, of course, as ever, if any readers want to share news or ideas or art resources, ask questions or offer opinions, please reach out to email@example.com.
Stay safe! Social Distance! Enjoy the sunshine! Warmly, Caroline Crumpacker, Executive Director of Opus 40
Resource Roundup #6
Shout Out To:
- Thrive on Kingston providing necessities to our local community HERE.
- Diamond Mills Tavern has a lovely Mother’s Day Brunch To Go!
- Hudson Valley Weather has been keeping us abreast of all the strange spring weather with their customary detail and excellence. Thanks to them all!!
- Shout Out Saugerties has been offering play readings HERE.
- Farm Aid Supporting farmers, donate HERE.
Practical Information & Grant Information etc:
- Project Resilience, again, doing great work for residents of Ulster County HERE
- New York State Department of Health HERE.
- PEN America Emergency Writers Fund HERE.
- MusiCares Emergency Relief Fund for people in the music community HERE.
- The Creator Fund for creators in need HERE.
- NDN Covid-19 Response Project for indigenous communities HERE.
- NYFA’s Tri-State Relief Fund for Non-Salaried Artists HERE.
Ideas from Around the InterWebs:
- Virtual Spring Walks from the New York Botanical Gardens HERE.
- Brooklyn Botanic Gardens past Sakura Matsuri festivals HERE.
- Videos from the American Museum of Natural History HERE.
- Martha Redbone and Love Conquers All from the Joe’s Pub Archives HERE.
- The premiere of two short new works by Mark Morris created in and specifically for the digital realm HERE.
- Facing Demons featuring Stephanie Danler and Erin Khar, produced in partnership by the Loft’s Wordplay and the Portland Book Festival HERE.
- Bad Seed TeeVee 24/7 stream of Nick Cave footage HERE.
- Support The Blue Note in NYC and access their amazing archives HERE.
- The Fisher Center at Bard College Virtual Stage HERE.
- A virtual visit to the Bronx Zoo HERE and live cam HERE.
- Melissa Etheridge Unplugged At Home HERE.
Thank you, readers! We hope to welcome you to our site very very soon!