The Quarantine Postings: Opus News, Resources and Hello
This week’s posting is from a selection of arts organizations that help make our Hudson Valley community the rich and diverse cultural destination that it is. This is a partial selection of the groups that bring visual art, live performance, cinema, poetry and dance to our region, beautifully and with great commitment. Join us. Support us. We’re right here with you!
AND if any readers want to share news or ideas or art resources, ask questions or offer opinions, please reach out to email@example.com.
Stay safe, all! Warmly, Caroline Crumpacker, Executive Director of Opus 40
Resource Roundup #5
Shout Out To:
- Doctors Without Borders. Always but especially now.
- Economy Candy on the Lower East Side for staying real and delivering the sweetest of care packages.
- Bard College for offering Seniors at Poughkeepsie Day School (closing this summer) the opportunity for Senior Year at Bard.
- Hello Dutch Ale House in Saugerties! Order delicious food and drink online and pick up curbside!
- Golden Notebook in Woodstock has its beautiful selection online, with curbside pickup.
- Raw honey and herbal remedies, and loving care of honeybees, from Fox Farm Apiaries HERE.
- Cherries Ice Cream Bar & Grill free kids’ meals to Rondout Valley children Monday through Friday from 11 am-3 pm.
Practical Information & Grant Information etc:
- Project Resilience, all kinds of resources for Ulster County residents in need HERE
- Ulster County Meal Delivery Plans HERE.
- Info on virus-proofing your home HERE.
- Grants for artists and arts organizations from 20 Summers HERE.
- Nonprofit Town Hall HERE.
Ideas from Around the InterWebs:
- The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain performs from home HERE.
- French dentists go naked in protest HERE.
- Miley Cyrus unplugged from home HERE.
- Chinatown Under Threat by Celina Su and Annie Ling HERE.
- Field Notes on Pandemic Teaching, Part I HERE.
- Field Notes on Pandemic Teaching, Part II HERE.
- Paris Ballet from home HERE.
- Virtual Tour of the Guggenheim Museum HERE.
- MARTHA MATINEE: ‘CunninGraham’: a comparison of the Merce Cunningham and Martha Graham Techniques HERE.
- Good Book for a lockdown HERE.
- Auntie Glam the Housebound Chanteuse cocktail hour HERE.
- And speaking of cocktails, Stanley Tucci (aka Quarantucci) makes a perfect Negroni HERE.
Thank you, dear readers! Stay strong. We’re with you.