Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is it like to visit Opus 40?
Opus 40 is a 50-acre outdoor sculpture park, with seven acres comprised of the sculpture and meadow in the foreground. We also have walkable trails and a gallery, museum and sitting area.
We don’t recommend coming for less than an hour if you plan to experience the sculpture, gallery and museum. If you want to walk on the trails or have a picnic, you should allow more time. Many guests spend an entire day at Opus 40.
2. How much does it cost to visit Opus 40?
The entry fee is $11 for adults; $8 for seniors, students and veterans; and free for children younger than 6. For more visitor information, click here.
3. What are Opus 40’s hours?
We open for weekends in April, from 11 AM to 5 PM, and expand to Thursday through Monday after mid-May. We’re also open all year long for educational field trips, guided tours, weddings and other property rentals.
4. What should I bring with me to Opus 40?
We recommend guests were comfortable walking shoes and bring sunscreen and bug spray. Bug spray and water can also be purchased in our gift store.
5. Can we bring a dog to Opus 40?
Sorry, service dogs only are allowed at Opus 40.
6. Can we bring food to Opus 40?
During regular admission, you can bring food to Opus 40, and we welcome picnicking on the grounds and use of our tables and chairs. During concerts and other events with food and drink trucks, we do not allow coolers or food on site.
7. Can we buy food or drinks at Opus 40?
We have free water and sell snacks in our gift store, and you can also reserve sandwiches and picnic lunches from nearby Dutch Ale House. During most concerts and other events, we also have food and drink trucks.
8. Is Opus 40 child friendly?
Yes! Children love Opus 40, and there is a lot to see and do on site. We do, however, have strict safety rules that we require parents ensure are followed, including no running, jumping or climbing on the sculpture.
9. Are there public bathrooms on site?
Portable toilets, including accessible toilets, are located near our gift store and the sculpture.
8. Is Opus 40 wheelchair and stroller accessible?
Our admissions area, gift store and gallery as well as the meadow in front of our sculpture and our portable toilets are all accessible. Unfortunately, we cannot allow wheelchairs or walkers on our sculpture for safety reasons, nor do we recommend that anyone with vision or mobility issues walk on the sculpture without aid.
9. Is there handicapped parking on site?
Yes, we have 10 handicapped parking spots during regular admission hours and more during public events.
10. Do you provide maps on site?
Yes, we have free annotated maps for all guests. Click here to view the map online.
11. What is the best way to get to Opus 40 from New York City?
If you’re not driving, we recommend the Trailways bus service, which drops off 11 miles from Opus 40 in Kingston, NY, or the Amtrak train service, which drops off 16 miles from Opus 40 in Rhinecliff, NY. From there, you can use Uber/Lyft or call a taxi. For more information and a Google map, click here.
12. Do you recommend any restaurants or cafes near Opus 40?
There are many great restaurants in Saugerties and Woodstock, and our staff would be happy to direct you based on your preferences.
13. Do you recommended any hotels or B&Bs in the area?
1. Can we have our ceremony and our reception at Opus 40?
2. What about our rehearsal dinner and/or post-wedding brunch?
Yes, Opus 40 is happy to coordinate with local restaurants, hotels and caterers for your rehearsal dinner and brunch. For more information on timing and other details, contract Jenny Oz events at email@example.com or visit www.jennyozleroy.com
3. What do the Opus 40 wedding accommodations include?
Opus 40 is a sculpture park with meadows, fountains, statues and one remarkable 6.5-acre sculpture, all surrounded by private forests and the majestic Catskill Mountains with mesmerizing sunset views.
You can host your reception, dinner and/or wedding ceremony in several bucolic locations across Opus 40’s main campus. Our large meadow overlooking our world-famous sculpture, for instance, can accommodate up to 400 people, tents, tables and chairs, as well as a dance floor and buffets/bars, and is typically the location selected for tented dinners and receptions.
There is also a small area for cocktails near the outdoor pool and fountain, in addition to a 30-seat screening room, gallery and workshop.
With outdoor lighting and numerous electrical outlets, the site offers resources for full-service catering, multiple bands and speakers, tables, chairs, serving areas and a bar.
We highly recommend site visits prior to booking your event. For more information, contact Jenny Oz Events at Jennyozevents@gmail.com
4. What accommodations are available for wedding party preparations?
We have an on-site office space/cabin with a desk, bookshelves, a table and chairs and a bathroom with shower available for a small fee for the duration for your rental.
We also partner with The House on the Quarry, a small on-site one-bedroom apartment with sitting area and bathroom, overlooking the Opus 40 sculpture, as well as The House on Fite Road, a four-bedroom farmhouse with garden down the road.
5. Do you have an onsite wedding planner and/or a list of wedding service providers you recommend?
Weddings and events of 12 and over require an event coordinator. You can connect with a team member from Jenny Oz Events to go over any questions.
6. How many people can Opus 40 accommodate?
We can accommodate very large groups, upwards of 300.
7. Is there a kitchen available for our caterer?
We do not have a kitchen on site, but caterers can use our outdoor electrical outlets as well as our storage area and water.
8. Are tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware and glassware provided, or will we have to rent them ourselves or through our caterer?
We have a small number of chairs, tablecloths and glasses for rent. For other items or for larger rentals, you can work with one a vendor we’d be happy to recommend.
9. Can we have a live band and/or DJ at our Opus 40 wedding?
It’s not a wedding without music, and we host live performances here all the time! Our many outlets and long-distance extensions cords allow for virtually any form of wedding entertainment.
10. Do you have a weather contingency plan?
In the Hudson Valley, that’s a must! We recommend tents, in case of rain. In the case of a storm, we can reschedule.
11. How much parking do you offer, and do you charge a separate parking fee?
Opus 40 can accommodate up to 200 cars, with handicapped parking for another 25. There is no fee for parking. However, we do recommend using a shuttle service to transport guests to and from nearby towns, and we can help coordinate this.
12. Are there taxis to and from Opus 40?
Yes, there are taxi services in Kingston and Saugerties. Uber and Lyft are also typically available.
13. Do you work with any local hotels or B&Bs for wedding parties and out-of-town guests?
14. What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept payment by check, Square, Paypal or credit card.
15. Do you have liability insurance?
Yes. However we ask all wedding parties to obtain wedding insurance.
16. What is your cancellation policy?
For cancellations prior to two months before the wedding date, we return the security and wedding deposit, minus a 15% cancellation fee; within two months, deposits are not refundable; within 15 days, nothing paid is returned.
17. Do you have a list of couples who’ve used Opus 40 for their wedding?
Yes, our site features a number of testimonials from happy brides and grooms who’ve been married on our grounds, and we’d be happy to share others if you’re interested.
If you have any questions about walking our grands, scheduling a tour, attending an event or workshop, renting our space for a special occasion, working with us as a vendor or partner, becoming a member or supporting our nonprofit through a tax-deductible donation, simply send us an email. We’ll get right back to you!